French Dog Names
French dog names sound great and that's why many people choose a French name for their dog. Here you will find beautiful names for your dog, either female or male, we hope that one of them is the perfect one for your little friend!
French female dog names
Here are some names for female dogs in French:
- Jolie: means pretty
- Cloe: means green grass. It's a beautiful name to identify your little dog.
- Amélie: It's Amelia, but it will always remind us of the mythical Amélie who challenged the neighborhood fruit vendor and was looking for the boy in the photograph found in the photo booth.
- Lune: means moon.
- Blanche: if your dog is white, this name will go great.
- Edith: means "the one who fights for wealth" and may remind you of the mythical Edith Piaf.
- Colette: like the mythical French artist, it means "the victory of people".
10+ French male dog names
Are you looking for a French name for your male dog? Well, here you have some of the best:
- Lionel: I would be lion in French. Do you have a chow chow dog, a mastiff or similar? Well, this name can be great for you.
- Drôle: means funny in French. Is your dog fun and playful? Well, this name can be ideal for you.
- Malín: means clever, cunning or mischievous. For a female dog it also sounds very good.
- Coucou: it's like "cuckoo", the sound the cuckoo clock makes and French people use it very often to say "Hello", informally. It's a very original name for a puppy.
- Noir: black in French.
20 most popular French names
There are some very mythical French names, we have collected the most popular among our visitors:
- Lorraine: It's Lorraine, but if you like Lorraine pizza, it can also be a tribute to it.
- Mer: it's French for sea, great for both male and female.
- Sibyllin: Is your puppy delicate and cunning? Well, maybe Sibyllin or Sibylline if it's female is an ideal name.
- Fleur: flower.
- Margot: it’s the diminutive for Marguerite in French.
- Soleil: sun in French.
- Adrien: means "he who comes from the sea".
- Travis: in the old days that was the name given to the people who collected tolls on the bridges over the river. Sounds good!
- Chandler: he's the one who makes candles, but we can name our dog because it reminds us of Chandler the character from the "Friends" series.
- Gérard: like the famous French actor Gérard Depardieu.
- Brigitte: great name for a doggie that also reminds us of the mythical Brigitte Bardot.
- Crayon: it's French for pencil. Great name for dogs that are very thin, like sausage dogs.
Beignet: it's doughnut, great for fat dogs.
- Binoche: like the French actress Juliette Binoche.
- Ami/e: friend in French.
- Petit/e: small or tiny. Ideal for small breed dogs or for very large dogs, providing an ironic touch.
- Géant: giant
- Chef: boss, if you want it in feminine it would be: Cheffe. This name may also remind you of the chief cook.