Pug dog names
Do you have a pug dog? Congratulations! because they are beautiful and, although puppies are a little junk, they are also very good. Your puppy doesn’t have a name yet? Well, you’re in the right place. Here you can find great names for your pug: fun, elegant, original or classic, there are many names for pug dogs of all types, for both male and female, so you are ging to find the one you are looking for.
Names for female pug dogs
If your pug dog is a female, you can find a name that fit great on her. For example, great names for females are: Doris, Catia, Carmela, Osi, Cuqui, Cucú or Lady. They are names that combine with both the character of this breed and its aesthetics and are also fun.
Names for male pug dogs
If your dog is a male pug you can also find an original name and even funny. How do these names sound to you: Quixote, Sancho, Pancho, Polo, Stan, Steve, Leone, Mao or Guzman.
If you’re not convinced by any of the pug names we’ve just proposed, check out our super list with a bunch of pug names, some of which are highly valued by our community:
Pug names based on their characteristics
Carlinos have a cheerful and good character, although in their puppy stage they are something nervous and restless, once adults they are characterized by being obedient and calm, reason why they adapt easily to other animals. As for their physical characteristics, they can be of several colors although they stand out: beige, orange, silver and black. They are compact dogs, with a tendency to be chubby, and is very funny his particular “chin”. Their size is usually between 6 and 9kg, and their high do not exceed 30-34 cm high. It’s considered a small companion breed, ideal for families with small children.
6 Names of famous pug dogs
Some Pug dogs have become famous, thanks to their appearance in Movies or Television, as well as others for being the pet of some very famous characters. We have compiled some below:
Otis: he is the protagonist of the series “The adventures of Milo and Otis”.
Frank:you probably remember the Carlino dog that appears next to Will Smith in the movie “Men in Black.”
Poppy Pug: appears in the cartoon series “The world of Poppy Pug”.
Percy: Pocahontas’ pet, in this Disney’s beautiful movie.
Most Popular Pug Dogs Names
In its origins, pug dogs became known for being the pets of the Chinese emperors and symbol of royalty, due to being protagonists in for example the Royal House of Holland. Since then, its particular characteristics and unmistakable character have made the breed one of the most popular around the world. So if you have or are going to have a Pug puppy, you must find a name at its height, for this we have collected the most voted names by our visitors in recent years:
Names for female pug dogs according to fur color
Pug puppies are the ideal pet for any type of person, given their affectionate, cheerful and lively nature. We want our pet to feel comfortable with his name, to understand it and to reflect his personality. There are an infinite number of names that are appropriate for a pug dog, we give you the most impressive and beautiful.
Pugs have a very peculiar appearance that surely inspires many when naming them. We can find the fur of pugs in three colors: gold, black and silver. We give you a list of names that consider these colors so characteristic of this breed.
- Honey: light brown and with certain transparency are the shades of this color. On top of that, just like the viscous liquid, the pronunciation of this word is smooth and sweet. a pug named honey will delight the whole family!
- Blacky: a black pug dog will quickly feel identified because Blacky has a strong pronunciation syllable, there will be no confusion.
- Maleficent: the name of a Disney villain/heroine much loved by all. Since ancient times, evil has been related to the color black, it can be a very funny name for an extremely well-behaved pug dog.
- Gem: the silver color encourages you to think of glamor, shine, elegance. That is why the name Gem would suit a dog with silver fur. A gem is a precious stone, excessively beautiful.
- Plata: silver color in Spanish. Without a doubt, it is a very nice name and easy to pronounce. Ideal for a super cute pug puppy.
Names for female pug dogs from famous artists
Many female pug owners have chosen to name them with their favorite artists names. And why not? We know that all these fierce and successful women are bursting with personality. Here are some famous names that could go well with your pet:
- Jolie: it is the last name of the beautiful Angelina Jolie. This name is of French origin and means “pretty”. It comes from a festive etymology. Jolie is a name with a beautiful pronunciation that your pug surely will love.
- Yoko: this name belongs to Yoko Ono, one of the most controversial women in the music industry. Its origin is Japanese and means “good, positive.” It is a concise, powerful name that perfectly fits the personality of a pug.
- Lin: if rock is your thing, you should call your dog Lyn. It is the middle name of Janis Joplin, the first female rock and roll star. A strong one-syllable word that means “as beautiful as the waterfall”.
- Frida: from the renowned Mexican painter Magdalena Carmen Frida Kahlo Calderón. This name of Germanic origin means “princess of peace”. Your dog is sure to feel like royalty.
- Keira: it is the first name of British actress Keira Christina Knightley. This name of Celtic origin means “person with dark hair and eyes.” If your pug dog has black fur and a lot of style and glamor, this is her ideal name!
Names for male pug dogs
Pug breed dogs are very robust and small. They do not tend to be very sociable; they are serious and have very calm attitudes. Although these are the general features of the character of these dogs, it does not mean that they will all be the same.
Names for Spanish male pug dogs
Hypocoristic names derived from many Spanish names are an ideal choice for naming our little dog. They are generally made up of two syllables with loud sounds, so our pet will not be confused. They are fun names and very easy to pronounce.
- Kiko: it comes from the name Francisco, which is originally from the Portuguese language and means free. Not only does it sound good in command, but its meaning is sublime.
- Pepe: linked with the name “José” it has its origin in old Spanish, when José was written as Josepe. The repetitive syllable will make it easier for your pet to identify with its name.
- Pancho: derives from the name Francisco but underwent phonetic transformations. Thus, we have another way of calling our dog free. This name generates sympathy and warmth.
Names for noble male pug dogs
Pugs are originally from the Asian continent, specifically China. In ancient times, Chinese royalty showed them profound gestures of respect and appreciation. With such a noble origin, it is more that appropriate to call them with names that European royalty has given their pets
- Dooki: it was the first puppy of the Corgi breed that belonged to the English royal family. The duke of York acquired it to please his daughters, the princesses Elizabeth and Margaret.
- Lupo: it is the Cocker Spaniel that belongs to Katherine and William of England. This little animal was adopted by the duke of Cambridge to try to drive away the sadness and loneliness that his wife Katherine was feeling.
- Caesar: this Wirehaired Fox-Terrier was gifted to King Edward VII, right after his coronation. The chronicles say that love was mutual from the first moment. Cesar is in every sense an imposing name that exudes nobility.
- Tigger: it was the dog of Prince Charles of Wales and the most loved pet by this British monarch, who inevitably accompanied him everywhere.
- Willow: he is the last descendant of Susan, the dog most loved by Queen Elizabeth II. Bitterly, Willow passed away this year, leaving the monarch in deep sadness